The building of the church of St Michael the Archangel in Kirkby Malham dates from the end of the 15th century but the box pews in the body of the church were not installed until the late 17th or early 18th century. The Jacobean pews in the north aisle date from the early 17th century. The Churchwardens' pew and the Esquires' pew at the back of the church are dated 1723 and 1724. More pews at the front of the church and the choirstalls were added during restoration work in 1879/1880.
Please click here for detailed information about the pews at St. Michael's.