The care and maintenance of the Church and Churchyard has been delegated by the PCC to a Fabric Group. The Group has 7 members with a wide range of skills. They have been responsible for raising the funds, and overseeing all the activities associated with the recent major works on the church. The works, which have had a total cost of around £400,000, have been:
· The re-roofing of the Nave and south aisle with terne coated stainless steel and adding a high level of insulation
· The repair of the water damaged plaster
· The significant enhancement of the heating system
· The introduction of a new LED lighting system
· Installation of a French drain at the west end of church
· Opening a second door as an emergency exit
· Addition of a second disabled friendly toilet
· Painting of the plaster
The Fabric Group also carry out a regular maintenance inspection of the church and grounds.
As with all churches, our architect carries out a detailed inspection every 5 years and issues a Quinquennial report giving information on all the areas of church and churchyard which ned maintenance. Our latest report in October 2019 shows the church to be in good condition, but nevertheless there are some items which need attention. The Fabric Group have started to work on these with the aim of ensuring that every item is addressed. If you would like to help, please contact one of the churchwardens.